Genika Astro features
- Support for monochrome Andor
SDK 3 (Neo/Zyla), Basler (all but camera link), IDS (All), AVT
(all), Celestron/The Imaging Source, Pointgrey (all), QHY (USB3), ZWO ASI (USB3)
and Raptor Photonics (Camlink with EPIX framgrabber). Supports color
Basler, QHY, ZWO and TIS/Celestron.
- Any pixel format available on the camera (8/10/11/12/14/16 bits).
- Shutter control from µs to the maximum exposure time
supported by the camera.
- Gain, Black, Gamma, EM Gain, white balance...
- Binning 2x2.
- Mouse defined
Interest or quick preset setting.
- On the fly dark frame substraction.
- On the fly hot pixels correction.
- Image averaging.
- Shutter commanded by external electrical trigger.
- Save/load camera parameters (Basler/IDS/AVT), auto configuration
saving along with an image acquisition.
- Acquisition parameters reminder in the status bar.
- Adjustable zoom from 25 to 200%, free with 5% increments in DirectX
mode. Full screen mode. Auto fit to screen zoom.
- Programmable display and histogram refresh.
- On the fly debayer of color images for display. Can be disabled.
rendering on GPU.
- Video stream preview, false colors mode with spectrum ramp, negative
and log modes.
- Live histogram
with Min, Max, Median, and Std Dev and Log mode.
Horizontal/verticles levels display on the image from a selectable
- Selectable low/high visualization thresholds.
- Selectable analysis AoI (histogram, focusing...).
- Reticule with programmable circle and ticks in pixel or ArcSec.
- Mosaic helper.
- Low CPU
utilization, advanced programming (sequential writing,
heavy multithreading, double leacky bucket, DirectX rendering...).
Direct to disk
- Detachable acquisition panel.
- SER, GNK, Tangra ADV, TiFF and AVI file format for direct acquisition.
- Direct to disk or FIFO capture modes.
- Auto acquisition mode when used with a Solar Scintillation Monitor.
- SER color RAW format support in 8 and 12 bits modes.
- User defined file Prefix.
- Filter suffix, Flat and Offset file tags.
- File name timestamping, SER timestamping support.
- Txt file associated to each capture with acquisition parameters,
ephemeris and seeing data (with SSM).
- Winjupos mid
acquisition format in .txt file (hh :mn.d).
- Free run or frame/time limited captures.
- Fully featured repeatable multiline sequencer with focuser and
- Automatic focus correction at filter change during a sequence.
- On the fly image stabilization by center of gravity.
- Integrated SER file manager with preview and batch conversion to AVI,
Tiff or FITS.
- Batch SER conversion to FITS (single, 3D Cube and multi
images) with DATE-OBS.
- SER file timestamp correction to GPS timing (GPS required).
- Automatic real F/D detection.
- Quick telescope selection.
- Autoguiding through ASCOM pulse mode using center of gravity or phase
correlation on object surface.
- Planets, Moon
and Sun ephemerides without Internet access. Real time Alt/Az display.
calculator and sampling advice.
- Telescope alignment assistant.
- PSF analysis tools including entropy, FFTD and FFTI with frequency
filtering, and FWHM.
- Customizable filter/barlow/AoI list. List editors included.
- Focus wizard
with micro-contrast and image slopes analysis and visualization and noise
- Automatic autofocus with an ASCOM absolute focuser.
- Automatic focus adjustment on filter change (requires ASCOM focuser
- ASCOM filter wheel and focuser control.
- Focuser jog window.
- Selectable color themes.
- Online automatic software updates.
- Included support tool.
- High DPI aware application for Windows 8 and 10.
- Complete user manual in English and French.
SDK external DLL
- Visual Studio 2015 C# templates for DLL called on display event or at image reception event.
- External DLL is instanciated and can have its own windows, threads, methods, members...
- Compatible camera (see matrix)
- Camera supplier .NET SDK installed
- ASCOM plateform for mount, filter wheel and focuser control.
- C2D CPU or better
- Recommanded SSD disk subsystem
- Windows Vista, 7, 8.1 or 10 (32 or 64 bits)
- .NET 4.61 client
Genika Astro Std can support all cameras but Andor and Raptor. The
license is bound to your camera(s) (up to 3) so you
use Genika on several PC as long as you use the same camera(s).
ordering through Paypal, please provide your email address along
with your cameras serial numbers. A license file will
generated and sent to you.
time unlimited license is 70€
Try the application
That opens all further updates as well.
Genika Astro Pro with Andor and Raptor camera support, please
You can try the application without license to check if it
your camera. The record feature and the SER toolbox won't be available
Genika 2.13 32bits
Genika 2.13 64bits